What we do
Capercaillie Escapes aims to take away any stress of planning and booking your holiday or special event in Scotland by initially working with you to understand your interests and requirements before completing all research and creating your bespoke travel itinerary.
Whilst we offer a selection of sample escapes to give you a little inspiration for how you might like to tour Scotland, every itinerary we create at Capercaillie Escapes is tailored to suit you and your family or groups needs. We specialise in creating self-drive itineraries which can include your transport (other than flights), accommodation, activities, places of interest and recommendations for eating and drinking along your route. You receive all of this information two weeks prior to departure, presented in a unique personalised guide to take with you on your travels. This way you have all the information you need in one place, allowing you to focus on enjoying the journey and your destination.
Quality is at the centre of our escapes and we aim to provide you with itinerary materials that compliment your trip.
We use our local knowledge and experience to create itineraries covering all four key areas of information:
- Out and About – planned and recommended activity options in each location you visit as part of your trip
- Eating and Drinking – recommended stops for snacks, lunch, drinks and dinner including any booking details for reservations we have made on your behalf
- Sleeping – your pre-booked accommodation details whether that is camping, hostels, guest houses, self-catering or hotels
- Escape Route – detailed directions and duration for each leg of your journey included in your itinerary
Depending on how long you wish to escape for we have two categories of escape.
- Wee Escape – itineraries up to one week (2-6 nights)
- Great Escape – itineraries more than one week (7+ nights)
We can’t guarantee the sunshine but whatever the weather we promise to create an escape that is as relaxing and enjoyable as possible with good food, quality accommodation, great scenery and adventure!
Meet and greet on arrival
We can also provide a personal Meet and Greet Service to ensure your arrival to Scotland is as smooth as possible. We can help you with any initial orientation and transfers, as well as point you in the right direction for starting your trip.
Your car rental
We have teamed up with Europcar to help you save on all of your car rental needs during your trip. We are able to make bookings on your behalf, or you can arrange yourself but still benefit from a 10% discount on your booking.
Visit our site for details >